Saturday, July 18, 2009

Numbah Puuleese...


Noble thoughts Dept:
.
Headline:
.
...................SALVATION ARMY
...............DONATES FREE CALLS
.
......The Salvation Army is encouraging all
......homeless .people to call .home to their
......Mothers, free of charge, for the next 4
......weekends this summer.
.
......Three .telephones will be reserved for
......the free calls between 7 and 10 p.m. at
......4114 W. 23rd street, 0n the sixth floor
......of the main building.
.
......A prayer meeting will be held...
.
********************
Editor's Comments:
********************
Now this article may not seem to make much sense on the face of it, but I will give plenty of dollars to pesos that the lines will be long.

How so? you say...

Let's just you and I pretend that we're listening in on the QT and we'll see how some of these freebie calls are gonna' go...

1. ..Hello Ma? Put me down for a five-spot on Get It Back to place in
.....the 5th.at Pimlico Ma...
.
2. .Hello Ma? This is Bill Joe; how ya doin' Ma? ... yes Ma, Bill Joe...
.....Bill Joe Freebus. .Ma?... hello, .Ma? .Ma? .Hellohellohello, Ma?...
.
3. .Hello Ma? Hello... oh hello... is this the pay phone at the corner
.....of One Way--->.and Don't Walk? ... It is? ....Is my Ma there?
.
4. .Hello Ma? .This is Bill Joe Ma... yes Ma, I'm fine. .Do you still get
.....out next.month Ma?
.
5. .No operator, I don't have the address...
.
6. .Hello Ma? .Ma? .Who is this!!??
.
7. .Ring...riing...riiing...click!...and there's another quarter for Mogen
.-...David ...... Hi there - I'm here to make the free phone call home to
...-.my Ma. .No... No I didn't just make my free call... really.
.
8. .Yes operator, my home phone is 1-900-843-5733...
       really... yes. it IS ...honest injun operator...
.
9. .Hello Ma? ... She's WHERE?
.
10.Hello Ma?.This is Bill Joe. I just wanted to - Yes Ma I brush every
.....day Ma... yes Ma, yes; I am wearing clean underwear Ma...
.
11..Hello Ma? .You sound like you have a cold Ma... oh ... hello Pa.
.
12. Hello Ma? It's Bill Joe Ma... I just want... I know it is Ma... I know...
.0..Don't worry about how I got your number, OK Ma? .Ma?? .Ma??
.
13. Hello Ma? .This is Bill Joe Ma. .Ma? .Ma?... Ma... I know you're
0.0there Ma... C'mon Ma, I heard you say "hello"...

There! .See what I mean?
.
What? .You don't think so??
.
Wanna bet? ...OK then - we'll see about that right now, smart-alek!!
.
... ummm... errrr... uhhhh...
.
You got a quarter?

No comments:

Post a Comment