Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baker's Secret

.
Honey I ate the kids Dept:

Family Section:
                         INCLUDE YOUR CHILDREN
                           WHEN BAKING COOKIES

-The Ardmore Daily Democrat
********************
Editor's Comments: 
********************
Englebert Humperdinck (1854-1921) was a famous  German compos- er, and as I recall not only from my undergraduate days, but also my early childhood, he wrote an opera about this sort of thing.

Now I just KNOW all  of  you  think  that The Editor has it wrong this time... that this Hum- perdinck guy is not really an opera composer at all... that he is actually a famous singer who performs in Las Vegas all the time... and he is, he is.  But the pop singer's real name is Arnold George Dorsey. He took his stage name, Engle- bert Humperdinck, from the  well-known 19th century composer of... you guessed it...

Hansel and Gretel (Hänsel und Gretel).

I wonder if the Humperdinck boys like(d) chocolate chips?

No comments:

Post a Comment